Sunday, May 31, 2009

feels more bitter.



Wow. I can't believe I did it. I went on a REAL road trip! No parents and no plans.. with my own money and my own friends in my car! Kelsey, Meg, and I (also known as Nora, Bella, and Riley- our fake names we told the people we met-haha yeah, we're weird) left in the early morning for a 15 hour trip to Hilton Head, South Carolina! We beached and played and shopped and tanned and had an amazing time being big girls and making our own plans and doing whatever we wanted! It was perfect. Can't believe I am allowed to do things like this now. But it's bittersweet. Being away this last week and coming back to my family and my friends gave me a feel for college. It's going to be hard. I hate not talking and being a part of what went on in my mom's week. I hate not having fun with my brother or knowing what he did his first week of summer (found out he hung out with girls! NOT ok!). I hate not hugging my daddy after his long days at work and missing out on his silly jokes. And I hate not being a part of my church family's week. Seriously, I have to go to college? I don't want to miss these things.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you put this kind of growing up into words. Seems like all of lifes stages and phases are bittersweet. Just cling to Jesus through it all... BZ

    ReplyDelete