Friday, July 31, 2009

book review: Glass Castle.


I had to take a lot of deep breaths while reading this book. It's an amazing story of resilience and brokeness and family. There are just so many things one can learn from this woman's childhood. Not even sure how to start telling someone why I love the book or why they should read it. After every few pages, I would just look up and say "Really?". There are just so many things that surprised me and startled me and made me sad and happy and hopeful and lost and upset. It definitely stretched my perspective on the type of people that live around me and made me very grateful for the life, parents, and childhood that I had! I really hope you get the chance to read this book. It is definitely my favorite book that I have ever read... no joke.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you back at your blog! Your book recommendations are great. We loved "Same Kind of Different as Me". Keep the book reviews coming...
    ~bz

    ReplyDelete