Monday, February 22, 2010

daughter not poser.

Brennan Manning is one of my very favorite authors. This book I just finished of his was just really great. He talks about finding your identity in being God's Child and how that is who we were truly created to be. A "poser" is the identity inside of us that says we are less than loved and must work for our place in this world as God's child or whatever else we are trying to make into who we are. In my life, I struggle with failure and the idea of not earning my spot in God's love. The freedom that comes with knowing that I am truly just loved by God without achievements or measurements is hard for me to embrace, but so beautiful and redeeming when I do. He talks about praying and being completely honest with yourself and God with who you are and where you screw up. I learned so much. Loved this book!! Hope you read it.

"Quit keeping score altogether and surrender yourself with all your sinfulness to God who sees neither the score nor the scorekeeper but only his child redeemed by Christ." -James Finley

No comments:

Post a Comment