Saturday, August 23, 2008

reading.


BOOKS! I feel like they will be the main thing on my plate for the coming few months.


Over the summer, I was given the oh-so-great challenge of completing a summer reading project by my English teacher. After finishing at least half of the book, I indulged right into the journal project and decided to skim-read the rest of the book. "Le Morte d' Arthur" was interesting but mostly just repetative. I do believe, however, it was good to read it. So many movies and other books are spinned off the story; it was nice to learn the actual truth of the legend.


The other half of my summer reading project is not due for another week and a half. This book is the famous "Frankenstein" by Mary Shelley. Tomorrow is my first attempt at it. Before I even pick up the glorious piece of literature, I will need to write three essays explaining various topics of the French Revolution. While I read the book, I will be keeping a jounal explaining how my research has helped my understanding and also keep track of significant events in it.




This fantastic learning experience can be accredited to my AP English class! Yes, I am using a bit of a sarcastic tone; however, I am excited about the class. My teacher is Mrs. Grube. She is one absolutely wonderful lady. All the great things I have heard about her class can be equally measured to all of the hard things I have heard about her class. But when I get to the bottom of it, I enjoy reading and writing so this class is the perfect opportunity to stretch myself.






No comments:

Post a Comment