Wednesday, October 15, 2008

beloved.


"I could more easily contain Niagra Falls in a teacup than I can comprehend the wild, uncontainable love of God." Brennan Manning

I finally finished reading "The Raggamuffin Gospel". It is probably one of the greatest books I have ever read. I have learned so much about myself and about God's love and grace through its pages. The quote above is one of my favorites from the book mostly because it just messes with me. God is so entirely more than what I have created Him to be! There is so much freedom in discovering that I can do absolutely nothing to earn God's love; nor will I ever be able to comprehend it in its completeness. The ultimate lessons I am taking with me from Brennan's book are God LOVES me just as I am. I can do absolutely NOTHING to make Him love me less or more. With that knowledge comes the freedom to be myself. I have nothing to fear because I have nothing to lose. Letting go of caring what people think of me and letting go of my fear of failing will take time and patience and persistence BUT God will love me just the same.. which is A LOT.. more than I can comprehend!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Way to make me so much more excited to read this book!

    What a concept to grasp, though. It's hard to fathom... I can't wait till I get to enjoy the book too!

    ReplyDelete