Tuesday, January 27, 2009

parents.

Meet my adorable parents. They have done some amazing things for me through out my life... like providing food and water, shelter, bed, and clothing, but more than that they have taken time to love me. Yesterday I was challenged to fight for my relationship with my parents; to find a way to make it work and to embrace their humanness. That may sound silly but it truly hasn't been until this year that I've recognized my parents are allowed to make mistakes too. They need grace and forgiveness just as much as I expect it from them. I know more times than not I have taken for granted what they have done for me. I fail to recognize the pure love they have for me and all they have sacrificed to be my parents. It must be tough being a parent. I want to honor them and obey them, but what I want the most is to know them and share life with them because I love them.

1 comment:

  1. So sweet of you, I hope Kenedee grows up to be a daughter just like you and I hope Kyle and I are as cute as your parents someday.

    ReplyDelete