Saturday, June 13, 2009

last year of camp.


my church family: camp blessing #1




my youth pastor & great friend: camp blessing #2


my girls: camp blessing #3



My last year (as a student) at camp! I've been going to Pinecrest Camp since 3rd grade.. that's eleven years! It's always been a wonderful time of just hanging out and having a blast. This year was perfect. Had a great speaker and a talented and fun worship leader. Plus the games were fun and the food was delicious! I always love camp just because I get to know my church family, my girls especially. We have such a great time just being with one another and goofing off. One of my favorite times is when we re-cap the week together on the last night. It's cool to see that God is actually doing stuff in people's lives. I've learned not to let camp be my emotional high for the year or to just let this time of escape from life be wasted. Last year it really did mark a time in my life that God just shook up my priorities. I learned that life is about loving God and loving people and that truly is all that matters. This year God showed me I'm not following him in everything. I'm still trying to control things and I'm not trusting Him. But I'm also learning that all of this is a process. It's ok to allow God's love and grace into my life. I'm so thankful for God's patience. And for all of these wonderful people in my life that love me for me and that spend life with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment