Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas in Texas


There were so many wonderful things that we did together in Texas. But I thought I'd begin with my favorite and most memorable. My Aunt Beth arranged for an extraordinary chance to serve the homeless of Dallas, Texas. We put together 200 boxes of items: socks, coke bottle, candies, tooth brush/paste and wrapped each box and also put together a baggy of homemade cookies. On Christmas Eve all 14 of us packed a rented truck with the boxes and picked up buckets full of hot hot chocolate and headed down town. It was so fun handing out the packages and goodies. The people receiving them were so appreciative and nice. We were able to stop and talk to some for a while. Each group we came across saved their present for the next Christmas morning. I thought that was just the coolest thing. I'm very thankful my Aunt Beth thought of this wonderful experience to do as a family; to work hard together to help provide a special Christmas for complete strangers. It was amazing.

2 comments: