Sunday, July 13, 2008

new book



just started a new book today. it's called Wide Awake by Erwin McManus and it's great. for the most part, it's been about dreams; finding them and following them. what i have learned so far is that my dreams are important. they are what is going to keep my life from being mundane and bleak. which is great because i feel like i live a purposeless, kind of boring life sometimes and just get caught up in doing a routine everyday. i have been thinking about my passions and my interests, lately, my "dreams" and how i'm going to make a career and life out of them.
McManus wrote
"...what you care about is what you dream about, your passions fuel your dreams...When God is at the core of our lives, he becomes the inspirer of our dreams. If we want to live the wide awake life of our dreams, we must trust God to guide us on a journey we cannot take on our own.."
so i need to find my passions and dream about what i can do with them. and i need to trust God and allow him to be at the center of it all so my life will become what he purposed it to be, which i know will be more than i could ever have imagined, because He is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment