Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hope

Understanding what one believes and why they believe it is something very important. Finding why I believe in Jesus has been my challenge. I have been going to church ever since I was born. It has been easy for me to live as a Christian because I've always been in Christian schools and had Christian friends and family. I became serious about my relationship with God when I began middle school. Now that I am eighteen and time is shortening till the day I leave all I've known, this idea of knowing why I believe has become very important. After struggling with this for quite some time now, God has been faithful to help bring me to the center of it all. Before, I never really wanted to be put into situations that would dare me to step up and give my reasons or testimony for belief in God.

I was nervous that I wouldn't have the right words to say and that my personal story about God would mean nothing to them. Bottom line, I didn't understand why people needed God or would want Him. I knew I did only because I hadn't ever been with out the knowledge of Him. I kept viewing God as Christianity. It would be just another religion for people to consider. I was going to have to "sell" it to them... explaining about peace, love, grace, forgiveness... all of the things that I have been learning in my faith. Although I understood it's a relationship with me and God, I never believed other people would view it that way.

These past few weeks have been hard trying to wrestle with all of this. I felt that because I have been growing and learning so many other things with God that I shouldn't be struggling with something so core and simple. But I have been and it's been scary and hard. But now I understand why I want Jesus! I need Him and want Him because I'm hopeless with out him. Jesus is HOPE. There are so many people muddling through life trying to find meaning and purpose in a broken, hurtful world. God restored me. He made me whole again. Now I know why people need God, because they need Hope. They need that completion that He provides to the lurking emptiness. I get it now. Hope is why I tell people about Jesus, about a relationship with God, about why following Christ is everything and how he does provide peace, love, grace, forgiveness and fullness of life. This is why I believe. This is what I stand for. Jesus is HOPE. Everyone needs Hope.




No comments:

Post a Comment