Tuesday, November 10, 2009

beloved.



Coming to Missouri State and being on my own has probably been one of the most challenging, and life-changing experiences I've ever had. To leave all that is comfortable: my Christian High School, my Trinity Church, my parents, my friends.. All of these things provided safety and certainty for me. At MSU, however, my comfort, my safety, my certainty all left. I began school in a position of questioning what I believe and why I believed it. I was forced to see my life just as me and God and without all of the wonderful support I had before. It was now time for me to seek out whether God was my Lord or my imaginary friend. Through a whole bunch of questions, changes, fear, skepticism, Scripture, prayer, and honesty, God showed up! Not entirely sure if I've ever known truly that I am LOVED by my Heavenly Father. I've atleast never understood it so clearly before. But, as I was on a date with Jesus last week, He changed my entire perspective on our relationship. I am a beloved daughter of the Creator of everything. I now have my identity. I am Christ's and He is mine. I am a new creation with a new life that is full and has purpose. I did absolutely nothing to earn, achieve, or accomplish these beautiful things. I only have them because God loves ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment