Thursday, February 26, 2009

my first ash wednesday.

Yesterday was the beginning of the Lent Season! I've lasted so far.. today (Thursdays) is probably my hardest T.V. day. I'm missing Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, and Private Practice! Oh well. It's been a good-different with the house being quieter and my time being spent reading and with Jesus. To kick off Lent my church had its first Ash Wednesday Service! It was very cool. Our pastors reminded us of our mortality telling us "from dust you came, to dust you will return" as they placed ashes in a cross shape on our forehead. We also took communion and worshipped together through songs. I really like Lent.

1 comment:

  1. Kelsey! I decided (with a little bit of help) what I'm giving up finally! Ha I'm giving up my naps. Should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete