Tuesday, February 24, 2009

the next 46.

Every year we Christ followers take time to celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus and we call it Easter. One Catholic tradition leading up to that celebration is called "Lent". Although I am not a practicing Catholic, I am a practicing Jesus lover and I have decided to take part in this tradition along with my church family. Lent consists of sacrificing or fasting something with the intention of better preparing us for Easter time. My lent sacrifice is to fast T.V. and also to eat healthy (no bunny trails or "bad food days" allowed in my weightwatcher diet!). But its important to know that lent is not only giving up something, but also taking on something as well. So instead of watching my shows, I'm going to read my Bible and a book called "The Last Eyewitness: the final week". And instead of eating poorly, I'm going to pray for specific things when that craving comes. Both bad food days and t.v. are comforts and time-stuffers to me, so I'm very excited to see what my life and relationship with Jesus will look like without those two things for the next 46 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment