Thursday, March 26, 2009

Haven of Grace.

sweet baby Navea (3 weeks old)
sweet baby Cadin (6 weeks old)



I had the best time at Haven of Grace! But who wouldn't? getting to hold new born babies all day long! The Haven of Grace is a shelter for up to ten women who are pregnant or whom have babies. This was probably the nicest shelter I've ever seen. I thought it was a church and these women just stay there during the week or something. But actually the women can stay there for, I believe, up to an entire year. The shelter is a church building, super clean, and has a kitchen area and living room areas throughout the building. The women take turns during the week cooking dinner for each other and can eat from the kitchen whenever they want. They can stay there at all hours of the day and there are plenty of supplies to take care of their babies too. Once one graduates from the shelter, there are new, nice apartment buildings right next to the building that the women can stay in for up to two years! The ladies that worked at the shelter were so gracious and appreciative to me. It was a very well put together organization. The women who stayed there were all very young, some were not more than a year or two older than me. I was able to talk with some of them and they were very sweet. All I really did today was watch those two babies as their moms ran some errands for a few hours. I loved it! I'm going back tomorrow so hopefully I'll learn some more that I can share.

No comments:

Post a Comment