Wednesday, November 5, 2008

give a cup save a life.

What is it that keeps us alive? People usually answer this question with the good ole "0-2" and "h-2-0". Those two things are the bare necessities. Here in the U.S. water is a part of the daily ritual. We use it for a wide variety of things and don't pay attention to just how important clean water is to our lives and lifestyles. Unfortunately, there are other countries that are not as priveleged as us. 5,000 kids die EVERYDAY due to the lack of clean water. What a great consequence paid when such a simple solution is available. I was challenged today to take in this information and do as Christ says: take action. There are several organizations that provide an avenue to help these countries. They are working to provide clean water by building wells all around the world. One organization says just a $1 will give a person clean water! Four people could have had clean water by me giving up my $4 Starbucks drink tonight. With these ideas put into perspective, I see just how much I have and how much I waste. Starbucks is not necessary to keep me alive however clean water is a must! Give a cup to save a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment