Sunday, November 2, 2008

to invite.

Windsor Crossing is the church I go to with my family on the weekends. Today, one of the associate pastors, Tim, spoke about prayer. He challenged us to be honest and real in our prayers with God and to pray about everything all of the time. Although I have heard all of this before, one point Tim made was especially sticking. He said prayer is an invitation to God. It's God's people inviting Him to be a part of that area of their life. It's trusting God to take care of whatever it is and it's us taking the chance of being dependent on God. Lately, I have been thinking about my independence quite a bit. There are so many areas both big and small (from possessions to relationships) that I decide to take control of. But in order to gain the full life that I desire, one filled with the purpose God has in store for me, He has to have the control. So I am going to strive to release my grip on my independence. I am going to allow myself to be real and honest with God and start depending on him and inviting him in with my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment